SIGNL4 supports multiple authentication providers including Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Google, Sign in with Apple and a custom provider.
In case you have signed up to SIGNL4 with one provider, e.g. the built-in (requiring your email address and a password), and you wish to switch your logon to different authentication method, follow these steps for each user you wish to transfer to a new authentication method:
- Delete the user from your team
- Re-invite the user
- Once the user receives the invitation email and confirms, he/she needs to choose the proper logon method on the sign-in webpage. For instance, to switch to Microsoft Azure AD authentication, the user needs to click the Microsoft logo which transfers to a Microsoft Azure AD logon page.
To transfer your own account to a different authentication method, follow these steps:
- If you are the only admin, assign admin rights to another user and sign off
- Don't delete yourself, have another admin delete your account
- Have this admin re-invite you to your team
- Follow steps 3 from the first list above