First you need to understand that the ConnectWise Manage connector in SIGNL4 polls Manage for new tickets in a short interval (less than a minute). In other words, CWM does not push data to SIGNL4.
How can you select what is polled and what not?
The answer is by using workflow rules. Yes, the connector sets up a workflow with some rules and if the rules match your tickets, they are retrieved from CWM. This magic happens via the CWM REST API which is the reason why you can leave all the workflows deactivated. We just use the available workflow triggers to build rules that tells SIGNL4 what is worth notifying.
Modifying the Workflow Rule
Follow these steps to adjust the correct workflow:
- Open Setup Tables -> General -> Workflow Rules
- Find a workflow with the name "SIGNL4 - Trigger Signls" (or having the name you entered in the connector app config as "Workflow Name - Triggering Signls".
- The Workflow has three event triggers, we only edit the first one or the one that has a rule that evaluates the custom field with the name "Signl4Retrieved_c" being false:
- Click on the trigger rules to edit them in a new window
- You may now substitute the rule that evaluates the ticket status with any group of rules of your choice. Important is that the rules for "Signl4Retrieved_c" and the ticket age remain as they are!
An example may look like this:
Why does the workflow contain 2 more triggers?
The other two triggers are reserved for future use. They are of help when already polled tickets re-enter their initial status (meet the rules of the first trigger). In that case a Signl has already been created in SIGNL4 but you may want that to reopen or you want a new Signl. If that is the case please give us feedback and contact SIGNL4 support.