From Zabbix to SIGNL4 for triggering mobile alerts:
- In Zabbix 5.x or higher SIGNL4 is available as default media type. For earlier versions you can download the media types here: https://github.com/signl4/signl4-integration-zabbix.
- Enter your SIGNL4 team secret (i.e. the first part of your SIGNL4 email address) as team secret in your media type settings in Zabbix.
- Send a test alert from Zabbix to see if you receive it in your SIGNL4 app.
From SIGNL4 to Zabbix (2-way)
Additional steps for two-way integration to update problems in Zabbix with information (acknowledgement, close, annotation) from SIGNL4.
- In the SIGNL4 media type enter your external Zabbix URL in Zabbix_URL. This the URL of your Zabbix web portal reachable(!) from the Internet, e.g. “https://your-zabbix-server/zabbix/”.
- In your SIGNL4 portal go to Apps and then create a new Zabbix app. Here you enter your external Zabbix URL, username and password and then you enable the connector app.
- Now you are ready to go and when you acknowledge, annotate or close a Zabbix alert within your SIGNL4 app this information will be available in Zabbix as well.
You can find more information along with a short video description here: https://www.signl4.com/blog/portfolio_item/zabbix-mobile-alert-notification-duty-schedule-escalation/